We value our commitment to safeguarding the lands and waterways we all enjoy. We are proud of the work we do to restore our rivers, 保护我们的鱼类和鸟类, and preserve the history of the places we call home.
Meeting the energy demands of our communities requires the construction, operation and maintenance of electrical power facilities inevitably impacting our natural environment. As a company, we conduct our business mindful of our environmental responsibility. 在某种程度上，这是一个法律问题, our dedication to the environment is reflected in our corporate values of integrity, 安全与尊重. We conduct our business attentive to the larger world around us and the needs of the communities we serve.
鱼 & 水生生物
Our commitment to conserving fish began with the salmon and steelhead hatchery program, starting shortly after construction of Brownlee Dam more than 50 years ago.
几十年来,, we’ve been at the forefront of efforts to protect birds of prey from coming into contact with electrical equipment.
We manage over 25,000 acres of wildlife habitat. 我们的生物学家提供食物区, 种植树木和灌木, reduce shoreline erosion and control weeds. This improves habitat and the diversity of wildlife.
The Snake River plays a vital role in providing electricity to 靠谱的电子游艺官网’s customers throughout southern Idaho and eastern Oregon. A healthy Snake River also benefits all other users: irrigators, 作消遣的人, 渔业管理人员和野生动物.
作为承诺的一部分, we manage the Snake River Stewardship Program (SRSP), a long-term project to address the causes of elevated water temperatures and other water-quality concerns.
Our Bayha and Rippee island projects are recent examples of how we’ve worked to create a narrower, deeper river channel to reduce unwanted aquatic vegetation to help keep the temperature of the river cooler.
We have a dedicated team within our Archaeology and Cultural Resources Program that helps care for cultural resources in the areas we serve. From artifacts to historic lands, our service area covers a lot of history.
- 阅读我们的最新消息 环境al, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report for an overview of our recent environmental efforts and best practices.
- Did you know we own and care for dozens of parks and recreational areas along the Snake River from American Falls to Hells Canyon? 了解更多.
- Most of our 大坝 require a federal license. 了解我们的努力，以获得新的 long-term license for our Hells Canyon Complex (HCC) 大坝.
- We offer customers various ways they can join us in helping the environment, from our 清洁能源你的方式计划 to 能源效益措施.
- 了解我们提供的目标 到2045年实现100%清洁能源.